WPEA, provides needed benefits to all Wisconsin Public Employees who become members.
Any Wisconsin Public Employee can become a member of WPEA.
The Wisconsin Public Employees Association - WPEA, provides needed benefits to all Wisconsin Public Employees who become members. Click here for a WPEA application.
The information shown below is an overview of the WPEA Member Benefits. Please contact us for more information.
- Bargaining on the issue of wages, to the extent allowed by Wisconsin’s new law, including internal and external comparables, statistical evaluation, etc. To obtain this benefit, at least 51% of the bargaining unit must vote LAW as its representative. If the vote fails or no vote is taken, a fraternal membership is available with the following benefits:
- Assistance in disciplinary representation.
- Legislative representation, including researching, drafting and lobbying for legislation important to public sector employees.
- Comprehensive legal services available throughout the State of Wisconsin. WPEA has made arrangements with attorneys throughout the State of Wisconsin to provide high quality, comprehensive legal services to its members.
- Access to comprehensive group vision insurance. Benefits include eye exams, lenses, frames and contact lenses. Details are available on request.
- Access to comprehensive group dental insurance. Benefits include a wide range of preventive and diagnostic services, as well as basic and major procedures. Details on coverage, co-pays and benefit periods are available on request.
- Participation in LAW’s health trust to provide for premium relief for health, dental, vision and home health care policies. This benefit is vital to public employees because employers will no longer offer to pay health insurance at retirement or allow sick leave cash outs for health insurance costs.
- LAW Newsletter
- Membership Fee - $60 per year